Friday, July 4, 2008

Moved In!

Firstly, I must say that I lied to many of you. I told you I was moving to Chicago. The truth of the matter is, I moved to Elgin. By train, Elgin is a little over an hour away from Chicago (and trust me, I would never go into the city by any other way.) Elgin is about 10 minutes from where I work and about 20 minutes from the singles' ward. There is a grocery store around the corner and a gigantic mall down the street. All-in-all, a very perfect location.

After two and a half days of driving, my mom, dad, and I arrived at my apartment. We spent the rest of the afternoon putting my things in my apartment and then made a trip to IKEA for some decorative essentials. Thanks to my mom's fabulous taste, I now have quite the trendy little apartment.
Here's a shot of my living room furnished with a beautiful couch from IKEA and a couple of Wyoming tables. :)

The rest of my front room. I don't have a TV but you can sit on the couch and watch my bookshelf! The brick wall makes me feel at home because we have a brick wall at my parents' house.

Here are both ends of my hallway. Thanks for the humongous bowl of Skittles, Mom!




















My apartment got fully upgraded which means I got all new hardware, new appliances, new countertops, a new ceiling fan, and basically a brand new bathroom as well! It's so wonderful to start fresh. I was originally told I wouldn't have a microwave but one was added in the upgrade; that's why I have two.

















My cute bathroom. There are cute orange rugs to match the shower curtain and I love them!

Finally we have my bedroom. I still have my furniture from when I was about 10 but it was free so I took it and ran! The stuffed animals are fairly new though. I know, I'm lame. There's also a walk-in closet that I can't wait to fill to the brim. I've done fairly well so far...
So there you have it! I am here. I am alive. I am blogging. I will keep you posted on my taste of the Chicago area as I try to survive out here.

6 comments:

Sarizzle said...

congratulations on the move and the new apartment. Are you all alone in that apartment because that can be awesome and sometimes a little bit depressing. I hope you are leaning all the way towards awesome (I actually have no doubts that you are awesome).

Mike said...

This is so great! I'm excited for your new adventure!

Mitchell said...

Wonderful. Where is the plant?

Unknown said...

AHHH!!! I can't believe you are actually out there in the real world! I am so happy for you! Your apt. looks wonderful. I hope to make it there sometime in the next year with Beana. Take care!

Alison said...

Just found your blog! :) Ethan's and mine is alisonandethansnyder.blogspot.com. We should be blog friends.
Your apartment is way cute - and BIG! It's like 3 times the size of ours, and we're the same distance from NY as you are from Chicago. I bet we pay more in rent, too. Dang. What are you doing in Chicago? Ethan and I haven't seen you since that one time in Macey's...

Jeff said...

Ashlee Jade! What a great place! I'm jealous, it looks really nice!